11 January, 2005

Swades Review

Swades Posted by Hello

Last Thursday (6th Jan) with my friends I went to Swades. I just loved the story. After a long time this is a movie that stands out. Excellent movie. This movie has made me think about a lot of things. This has started a Tsunami in myself. The story goes like this....

The movie starts with the NASA. Mohan Bhargava (Shah Rukh Khan) is a project manager, working on a satellite that helps GPM. He thinks about his childhood ayah (governess) Kaveriamma (Kishori Ballal) and comes to India on a 15 day visit. Here in India he finds that his ayah has left the oldagehome. He meets Geetha (Gayathri Joshi) in a bookstore and he finally reaches the village where Kaveriamma is staying with Geetha. In his stay in the village he finds out the difficulties of the villagers and wirh his knowledge he starts a smallscale electricity power station and the story continues... He finally will return back to his job in NASA... For the further story one must watch the movie.

Thr music by A R Rehman is excellent. The supporting actors have done a good job.

Few days before i saw the movie i read a review that said about ShahRukh that A STAR HAS TURNED TO AN ACTOR. But I say A STAR HAS TURNED TO A SUPERSTAR...

2 comments:

Sharath MS said...

Never found the time for swades .. it is certainly on my 'things to do' list

Sunil Jagadish said...

I havent seen it too. Awaiting for holidays...